It should be noted that, in order to compensate for the liability that occurs in the event of an accident, our company has entered the following insurance and compensation schemes, but any damage exceeding the upper deductible limit will have to be compensated by the customer.
|Bodily Injury||Unlimited per person|
|Property Damage||Unlimited per accident (Vehicle Damage 50,000JPY)|
|Vehicle Damage||Up to the actual value per accident
(Vehicle Damage 50,000JPY * Deductible for microbuses 100,000JPY)
|Personal Injury||Up to 30 million yen for one person limit (up to the vehicle capacity)|
The Collision Damage Waiver (CDW)
|Per day (cluding tax) 1,100JPY|
The Collision Damage Waiver (CDW)
|Per day (cluding tax) 2,200JPY|
By joining a Collision Damage Waiver (CDW), the customer's liability for property and vehicle damage is waved. Subscription or cancellation cannot be performed after picking up the car. Please apply before departure.
*It is a prerequisite to join CDW for the reservation over the phone or online.
The insurance coverage system/CDW above is not applicable in the following cases of violation of Rental Agreement, the disclaimer on the conditions of insurance, and also not applicable in the case of not reported to the police.
Please check the details below.
In case of an accident or malfunction
In the event of a car-breakdown or malfunction, please stop the car immediately.
In the event of an accident, please follow these 4 steps below.
If you fail to take any of procedures, our insurance coverage system(CDW)/Wide Insurance may not be applied.
- Aid the injured. (Call 119)
- Confirm the other parties involved in the accident.
- Contact the police. (Call 110) and receive the accident report.
- Contact the pick-up car rental office.
※Regardless of the presence of the other parties involved in the accident , the size of scratches or dents, they are regarded as the accident.
※After reporting to the police, please do the procedures for obtaining the traffic accident certificate.
※Please do not settle the matter between you and the other parties at the scene of the accident. In that case, the insurance coverage system/CDW, and Wide Insurance will not be applied.
※When the rental car cannot be used due to an accident, the rental agreement shall be terminated at the time.
Instances not covered by Insurance/Compensation system
*Please note that accidents occurred in any of the following conditions are not eligible for the compensation system, and the customer will be entirely liable for damages.
- If you neglect to report the accident to the police (if the police accident report cannot be obtained)
- If you fail to contact the rent-a-car branch
- If the driver was anyone except those designated in the contract
- DUI, driving without a license, driving with more passengers than the vehicle capacity allows for, malicious traffic violation such as not wearing seat belts, etc.
- Accidents happened during extended-time use of the car performed without permission
- Settlement with the other party on the accident site done without our permission
- Damage to the vehicle caused by theft
- Usage of the vehicle on roads not normally maintained and managed, e.g. coasts, riversides
- Usage of the vehicle for tests or competitions
- Usage of the vehicle to push or pull other vehicles
- Damage or corrosion to the vehicle body caused by poor usage
- Accidents involving other vehicles owned, used, or managed by the customer
- If you damage vehicles, billboards, etc. while inside the shop
- Malfunctions caused by any operational mistake.
- Damage to the interior equipment (except for damage caused by accidents)
- Damage caused by tire chains, ski carriers, etc.
- Lost tire wheels, wheel caps, etc.
- Damage caused by negligence
- Usage not conforming to our lending terms
- Other accidents included in the insurance compensation terms
**Accidents occurred under the following conditions are not eligible for compensation even for customers who have subscribed to The Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) or the Wide insurance, and the burden will be entirely on the customer.
- Accidents occured while exceeding the speed limited, granted that this can be proven
- Accidents caused by ignored signals or traffic lights
- Accidents caused by failure to abide to stop signs
- Accidents caused by overtaking other vehicles where it is prohibited to do so
- Accidents caused by performing a right turn or U-turn where it is prohibited to do so
- Accidents occured while driving while using the phone
- Accidents deemed malicious or intentional
About Wide insurance
|General class||880JPY (cluding tax) ／day|
Q. What is the "Non-Operation Charge" (NOC)?
In the case of an accident, if a car needs repair or cleaning, the following fee will be charged as a part of compensation for business during the repair/replacement of parts and cleaning time regardless of the degree of the damage or the time for the repair. Even if you join CDW, you will be charged the following fee.
Non-operation charge (NOC)
|If the rented vehicle is driven back to the scheduled office||20,000JPY|
|If the rented vehicle is not driven back to the scheduled office||50,000JPY|
*For serious accidents, we may in some cases charge ￥50,000 even if the car is able to be driven.
You will not need to pay the NOC if, in addition to the compensation system, you also enter the "Wide Insurance".
In addition, you will also be exempted from other charges that are normally the customer's burden, such as tire punctures, tire wheel or cap damage repair costs, cracks to the glass because of flying rocks etc., and more. You will also be able to use the road service provided by the insurance which our company is using. Note that, just as with the Collision Damage Waiver (CDW), you cannot subscribe or cancel one the renting period has started. Please apply before departure.